BACPR AEP Award
The BACPR Advanced Exercise Professionals (AEP) Award
Are you an experienced exercise professional leading the core component of cardiovascular rehabilitation? The BACPR AEP is an assessed award that allows exercise professionals working at an advanced level within cardiovascular rehabilitation to demonstrate their knowledge, skills and experience.
Underpinning qualifications must be one of the following:
- Chartered Physiotherapist OR
- BACPR Exercise Instructor Qualification OR
- BASES Certified Exercise Practitioner or Accredited Sport & Exercise Scientist.
Underpinning experience (indicative guide)
- In the last two years worked a minimum of 1000 hours in a lead role in Core Cardiac Rehabilitation
- One testimonial from a peer within cardiac rehabilitation and one testimonial from a cardiac rehabilitation patient.
Knowledge Transfer Skills and Experience
Demonstrate at least two examples of knowledge transfer as an exercise expert in cardiovascular disease prevention and rehabilitation (e.g. teaching, lecturing, tutoring to students or peers, including BACPR courses, patients groups, conference oral or poster presentations, writing of educational material for peers and/or patients)
- Multiple choice knowledge exam
- Written and oral case-study presentation of a moderate to high-risk patient demonstrating evidence of advanced applications, skills and clinical reasoning.
For more information download document or email firstname.lastname@example.org.