Specialist Exercise Instructor Training
The UK’s leading cardiac exercise instructor course for exercise professionals
Delivering courses for over 20 years taught by the leading specialists in the field of cardiovascular prevention and rehabilitation
Would you like to further your career in health and fitness?
Are you interested in cardiovascular disease and safe exercise programming?
Why enrol and gain this qualification with BACPR?
- To enable you to safely prescribe and deliver an exercise programme for individuals with cardiovascular disease
- To enhance your knowledge in the field of cardiovascular disease to use in your existing work whether working in a gym setting, personal training or supervising group exercise classes.
- To gain the gold standard Specialist Exercise Instructor Cardiac Qualification recognised by CIMSPA and REPS Ireland.
The training course is currently delivered remotely online with interactive tutor led sessions.
The sessions cover:
- Anatomy and Physiology of the heart and cardiovascular system
- Cardiovascular disease including investigations, treatments and medication
- Exercise Physiology - acute and chronic responses
- The cardiac rehabilitation process
- Risk stratification
- Exercise programming and prescription – Aerobic Endurance and Resistance Training
- Clinical health and safety knowledge to deal with emergency scenarios
- Practical issues around delivering a community exercise session
- Comprehensive training manual
- Course workbook
- Access to online resources
This comprises of:
- An online multiple choice question exam
- Electronic submission of a case study and 30 minute online viva
- Compulsory clinical questions 30 minute online viva
Students are also asked to make contact with their local Cardiac Rehabilitation programme prior to the assessment day and conduct an interview with one of the cardiac rehab team.
Course Fee: £675 which includes course material and initial assessment fee*
Please note: There will be an additional fee if you are required to resit any section of your assessment.
*This applies to applicants within the UK and Southern Ireland only. For oversees applicants the course fee will be provided on request.