Physical Activity and Exercise in Heart Failure
This 1-day course aims to increase the awareness of the impact of physical activity and exercise in the heart failure patient group through developing an understanding of the relationship between risk assessment, baseline functional assessment and subsequent exercise prescription.
Physiological mechanisms relating to heart failure will be explored and principles in exercise prescription applied to enable adaptations in respect to co-morbidity and cardio-assistive devices, using an evidence-based approach.
It will involve both lectures and interactive case studies. Knowledge gained will enable safe and effective practice which can be implemented in future service delivery.
It is not however a specialist qualification to lead, prescribe or deliver the exercise component of cardiac rehabilitation.
Health professionals and BACPR exercise instructors advising on or delivering physical activity and exercise in primary /secondary care
Dates and Venues
- Friday 3rd March (am) & Friday 17th March (am) 2023 - Online (*participation in both mornings required) COURSE FULL
- Friday 21st (am) & Friday 28th (am) April 2023 - Online (participation in both mornings required) Limited availability
- Friday 16th June 2023 (full day) - In person Central London, Euston
- Saturday 16th September (full day) - Online
- Friday 10th (am) & Friday 24th (am) November 2023 - Online (participation in both mornings required)
£185 (£165 for BACPR and ACPICR members)
For further details and to apply for this course, please click here to email email@example.com