Physical Activity and Exercise in the Management of Cardiovascular Disease Parts I & II
Register for Parts I & II at the same time and benefit from the special package price
For further details and to apply for this course, please email Vivienne Stockley or call 01252 854510
Part I: Principles and Practicalities
This 2-day course provides a foundation programme in the principles of physical activity and exercise in the prevention and management of cardiovascular disease. This course includes both a theoretical and practical component aiming to equip health professionals with sound knowledge and understanding as well as key practical delivery skills required to meet the core standards and national guidelines for delivery of group, one-to-one and home activity programmes.
Exercise and health professionals advising on or delivering physical activity and exercise to cardiac patients in primary/secondary care.
- September (Online) Friday 23rd & Saturday 24th September 2022 COURSE FULL
- October (In person) Friday 14th & Saturday 15th October 2022 - Nuffield Health Barbican Fitness and Wellbeing Centre London
- November (Online) Friday 4th & Saturday 5th November 2022 COURSE FULL
- January (Online) Friday 27th & Saturday 28th January 2023
- March (Online) Friday 10th & Saturday 11th March 2023
Between £320 - £350
"Excellent course which will improve our service/practice."
"Exceptionally useful especially for someone in the process of setting up a Phase III programme in the community."
Part II: Advanced Applications
This 2-day course extends the core knowledge, understanding and skills gained in Part I to clinical reasoning for the inclusion of the higher risk and complex cardiac patient, such as heart failure, arrhythmias, ICD's, unstable blood pressure and diabetes. In addition additional subjects explored include the safety of high intensity sports and activities, resistance training, water-based activity and difficult clinical scenarios.
The Part II: Advanced Applications course is endorsed by both CIMSPA and REPS Ireland. Completion of this course provides 6 CIMSPA / 7 REPS Ireland points.
Health professionals and BACPR exercise instructors advising on or delivering physical activity and exercise in primary /secondary care providing an excellent follow on from Part I.
- September (Online) Friday 9th & Saturday 10th September 2022 COURSE FULL
- November (In person Central London) Friday 18th & Saturday 19th November 2022
- December (Online) Friday 2nd & Saturday 3rd December 2022 COURSE FULL
- February (Online) Friday 24th & Saturday 25th February 2023
- March (Online) Friday 31st March & Saturday 1st April 2023
Between £320 - £350
"A fantastic course. It should be a requirement for all rehabilitation teams."
"An excellent learning experience. The course was clearly delivered by knowledgeable facilitators who were happy to answer questions."